PDA

View Full Version : Getting More Break Pedal

mod 88
09-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Trying to figure out a way to stiffen up my brake pedal. The brakes hold pressure, I just want to make the pedal stiffer and more responsive. Have 1 inch master cylinders both front and rear. No problem as far as brake bias percentages. Is there a way to stiffen the brakes on pedal? Does it make an difference in adjustment on the studs coming out of the master cylinders?

kraftkar7x
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Try putting a spacer between pad and pisyon shld help cus then piston dont have to push out as far before pad hits rotor

powerslide
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
i think smaller m/c create more feel. I may have this backwards as its been awhile since i have messed with it. I believe most cars have 1in and a 7/8in

dirttrackrocker
09-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Smaller MC = more pressure less fluid. Bigger MC = more fluid less pressure. Go to 7/8 MC and try that. I have also heard that plastic line feels spongier than steel line, I have used both and really didn't see a difference.

HEAVY DUTY
09-19-2012, 08:50 AM
7/8 master cylinders will make the pedal softer. If it isnt hard enough with 1" cyls, assuming they are good, you need to be looking somewhere else. Make sure your caliper brackets are square to the rotor and that the calipers arent twisting when you hit the pedal. Make sure your pads arent worn to a taper, and that the pistons arent returning too far ( usually caused by being out of square)

bob75
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
you can adjust your rods on the back side to get a better pedal.

mod 88
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the ideas, it gives me some good ideas. I think the rods will be the easiest way to start, my question is, what gives a stiffer pedal, screwing them in or unscrewing them? I am sure I can play around with it and figure it out, just thought I would ask.

HEAVY DUTY
09-20-2012, 11:05 AM
The rods wont help. They just raise or lower the pedal. It will still travel the same amount