PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION!!!! which is better mastersbilt 08 and up round tube or square?

BLAHBLAH
09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
have a friend looking to buy a car, i have only been in 1 mastersbilt the rest were rockets, so i cannot answer the question for him on which is better a square tube masters or round tube... any imput would be great. thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Square car has a longer life span.

BLAHBLAH
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Anyone else...?????

SLM98
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
To me it depends on what tire you are on. Square tube for hard spec tire. Round tube for soft tire stuff.

SS Motorsports
09-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Boxers or Briefs?

merc123
09-28-2012, 11:39 PM
To me it depends on what tire you are on. Square tube for hard spec tire. Round tube for soft tire stuff.

Explain why tires matter for the tubing.

SLM98
09-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Square tube car is a stiffer car more effective spring rate

drtrkr244
09-29-2012, 09:22 PM
As EPJ is a friend of mine, here is his answer."I can't tell any difference."

Matt49
09-30-2012, 11:05 AM

Best answer yet.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-30-2012, 12:23 PM

I have heard different from several drivers who's opinions I respect.

Can he tell the difference between a MasterS and a Longhorn?

merc123
09-30-2012, 12:40 PM

I've heard some say they can't tell a difference between round and square. I did have one guy tell me he could tell a difference in 2# of air pressure in the RF tire though also.

drtrkr244
10-02-2012, 07:54 PM

He was driving the Mastersbilt house car when I asked him.

Im sure he would like to drive O'Neals and then tell the difference.

Ramsey22
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
What Mastersbilt told me was the round tube has a bigger sweetspot but the square last longer....If you got money get the round tube, budget racers get the square.

Wheelman33
10-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'd like to know the difference in the smackdown and genx cars. In the process of a chassis change and exploring all options.

Graff Spee
10-05-2012, 12:52 AM
I like round tube cars ! The main reason for me is that I don't have dies to bend the square tubing! If the round tube does have a larger sweet spot, then thats what I would want!

Ramsey22
10-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'd like to know the difference in the smackdown and genx cars. In the process of a chassis change and exploring all options.

Just like what the other chassis builders are doing. Playing with the front ends to tighten the cars up in the slick. They have also changed the offset of the rear end i do believe

grt74
10-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Guys just for the sake of it lets say on any chassis that has a bigger sweet spot and does not respond to changes(you change the car and cant feel the change)most of the time the cars are flexing to much,now if its stiffer,two things youll see,the car will last longer and when you make a change if its the wrong way the car simply wont like it(thats why a lot of people sell there cars after 30 races or so they start to loose drive from flexing to much,unless you know where to brace them up at) also if i was a race car manufacturer i wouldnt want the car to last forever id work myself out of a job,thats why some chassis are alot more $$$ than others,plus i want my suspension to do the work and not depend on chassis flex,youll have alot more consistant car(if the cars great it will stay that way every lap or if its bad it will be bad every lap and not change)and ill also bet that on a slick track it will seem like you can never get the car tight enough
THAT IS IF ITS FLEXING

lovinlatemodels
10-31-2012, 08:45 PM
I can say i never driven a masterbilt spent most of my years in Swartz chassis and i can honestly say i perfered the last square tube car i had. It did respond to changes i knew exactly what my car was going to do with every little or big change. Now on the round tube cars it seemed like i always had to make big changes to make the car react. I personally would take a square tube car over round tube anyday.