PDA

View Full Version : updating a old 3 link modified.

racing_kid
09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
i just got a modified that had longer bars in it so i decided to update it to 17 inch left and 20 on the right. the car had both springs in front with shocks behind springs are 200lr and 175rr also had a 27inch panhard bar behind housing.

-the things ive done so far is move rr spring on top of housing and shock can go in front or behind. (which is better do you guys think? im new to mods and dont know)
- i have shortened the rod on the lr to 17 and the mount has 7 holes that srart at 0 degrees and go to 28. what shoud i have it set at to start?
- i have also added a j bar that i have one hole below pinion with 7 inchs of rake. opinions on that also?

so the main questions i have start with this. i cant have the lr spring in front so where should it be? on top or behind. (effects of both?)
should the lr shock be in front or behind?
the springs that are in the car are a 650 rf 700lr 200lr and 175rr are those good to start ith or should i get more? impala clip btw,
also the car has a 5th arm, with a 225 spring and a 74 shock are those good rates on that?

please give me some advice, i dont want to hear i should of got the car and so on,
couldnt beat the price for the parts and car.
thanks in advance, racing_kid

Dirt Knife
09-28-2012, 10:08 PM
P. Bar as the track dries out you move the bar lower
to start 8-9 on pinion off ground and 10-11 on frame
the more angle the mor right rear bite weight transfer

l r spring behind axel will tighten going in on brakes
loosen coming off corner
If you run the spring on top you dont gain of loose any
advantage of the axel wrap up

the lower bars are anti squat the more upkill to the front
the faster the rear will hook up yet it wont last as long
the less angle the the smoother it will hook up and last loger

The springs dont look bad to me for a starting point

Just an opinion

racing_kid
09-29-2012, 05:20 PM
thanks dirt knife. im gonna see if i can figure something out for the spring to work on the front on lr