PDA

View Full Version : sway bar question

Norton22
10-02-2012, 06:30 PM
I have a question on sway bars on dirt tracks how many run them or don't run them I have a mustang and have always run one but I dont know if I need to what are the pros and cons of running one

Thanks for any help

Dirtman29
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I have never used a sway bar on mine (on dirt). It handles just fine.

englertracing
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Chuck that 1% front weight in the trash.
Years ago we had some rough driving going on my sway bar bracket broke and the car went faster....
Left it off since.
The scales like it too.

RACEMAN
10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I have never used a sway bar on mine (on dirt). It handles just fine.My observation (and I've been known to be wrong before :D ) is that darned few DIRT cars run sway bars. To me it seems the drivers want the car to react in a predictable way and having the sway bar might lead to a false setup.

Dirtman29
10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=RACEMAN;1591246]My observation (and I've been known to be wrong before :D ) is that darned few DIRT cars run sway bars. To me it seems the drivers want the car to react in a predictable way and having the sway bar might lead to a false setup.[/QUOTE)

Maybe the FWD cars use them, but they are not needed on RWD dirt cars IMO.

James Hall #1
10-20-2012, 11:32 AM
there is some easy and quick tunabilty to a sway bar but you can acheave the same results with the right spring rates and weight distribution, with less front end weight.