PDA

View Full Version : IMCA Hobby Tires

hobby28
10-03-2012, 06:21 AM
I can no longer buy new primewell 205/70/15 so I am looking for a replacement tire. I tried a starfire tire but I have chunked 3 of them out on the right rear already. I have heard some guys running on the goodyear viva 2. What about this tire BFGoodrich Touring T/A - 205/70R15 95T the treadwear is 680. Which tire is everyone going to?

SRXSRULE
10-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Lots of good options out there, dont worry about what other people are running. Primewells started off as a very cheap tire, around 40.00 a tire about 4 yrs ago. Lots of people ran them becuase of that reason.

Also dont look at treadwear numbers, it means almost nothing. Every brand has its own ratings on treadwear. Buy a durometer and start checking tires. Depending on what type of tracks you run on makes a diff on what compound works best.

Also keep in mind that durometer (hardness) and tread block design have to work together. Too soft of tire will chunk apart, too small of tread blocks will chunk apart. You gain traction from the square edges of the tread. Its all a balancing act between track surface, durometer, and tread design. Eric