PDA

View Full Version : what will cause a 4bar car not to get up on bars like it should

petie31
10-03-2012, 07:46 PM
we have an 04 swartz extreme and it dont get up on the bars like it should and help would be great thanks

sobe92
10-03-2012, 07:53 PM
birdcage bind, j bar bind, bent shock shafts, siezed rod ends there could be quite a few factors causing a car to stay flat. I would unhook the 4 link rods and make sure the birdcages are still free. if they are nylon remove them from the tube and inspect the tube wear if it is bearing and they don't rotate free get new bearings for them. stroke all the shocks and make sure all the heims are free at rest and under load.

tbaileyjr
10-04-2012, 10:18 AM
check and make sure your drive shaft isnt bottoming out against tail shaft and make sure slip yoke can bottom out in trans have seen both problems before

smirk
10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Too stiff lr spring w too much preload/bite

lovinlatemodels
10-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Too stiff lr spring w too much preload/bite

We run and 250 and 275 LR spring with more lift then i need in our Swartz. Petie 31 is this someting new or is it something thats been going on all year if it just started then i agree start looking for something bent, bound up, or worn out. If this has been going on all year then it's in you set up. Pm me your set up and will see what i can help with.