PDA

View Full Version : Custom race engines

E-81racer
10-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Thinking of buy a custom motor fresh from custom. Any reviews or thoughts

hucktyson
10-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Thinking of buy a custom motor fresh from custom. Any reviews or thoughts

Yes 1 thought call Jack Cornett 1-606-678-2226. Im sure there are many opinions out there but I dont think many would argue with that one.

grt74
10-05-2012, 03:26 PM
they will run with anything in the country,they just dont cater to the big guys as much as others,witch in turn will save the little man some money,very very nice guys,and if your not up front it wont be an engine problem or power problem,just cant say enough about how nice and helpful the guys are there,not to mention they will answer any and all questions you may have,find that in some other parts of the racing industry,service service service is all i can say about them,good as gold in my opinion but im sure there are other great engine builders out there,but thats my experence with them and not so good with others,with out mentioning names

Insane4
10-06-2012, 02:22 AM
I have nothing but respect for Custom. I rang Larry about some used heads that he was selling and he was straight up with his info. He steered us to a package that would be better suited to our application and worked with us to make sure what we got was compatible with our existing equipment. I know I now have a package as good as any that I run with at a very competitive spend. When it comes time for me to do something again I will be talking to Custom.

Jonezy
10-06-2012, 12:10 PM
They have always been very honest with me. I called about a used motor they had and Jeremy was honest enough to tell me that it wasn't a good motor for us. We have been running a 9 degree from Custom that we didn't buy through them and they have been great about sending us parts in a hurry and all around technical support. If I can ever afford to buy a brand new motor it will be from them

restad4r
10-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Absolutely the best customer service I have ever experianced!!!! Jeremy and Larry are some of the nicest most helpful people I have ever met in the racing business period, I had a question one night about my engine, it was a sunday race on a very busy holiday weekend, I text him a question on my phone at about 10:00 p.m. pacific time which would be 1:00 a.m his time and he text me back a.s.a.p!!!!!. I will never own another brand. Awesome power.

Anthony Restad

Moreland24
10-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Larry, Jeremy and everyone there are probably the nicest people you can deal with... Like said above, will answer any questions at just about anytime. Oh yeah and build excellent horsepower, that's smooth and reliable! We've been dealing with them for atleast twelve years now, and couldn't be happier!