PDA

View Full Version : street stock springs

racin 1
10-08-2012, 08:07 PM
does anyone no about running preloaded left rear springs.i tried but it would only work great for about 8 laps, then it would go to pushing the nose.just wondering if anyone has made it work and would like to share there info. street stock, stock mount shocks, and stock four link.

ToddSmith16
10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
How much bite are you running? Sounds to me if it's good for 8 laps and starts push'n, your stagger is is out by gaining air pressure in the LR. Check it next time or lower air pressure in LR and see what that does. Good Luck!

racin 1
10-08-2012, 09:36 PM
bite 180 1inch in the front and 3inches in back. check the stagger soon as i can off track before tire cooled down and air pressure to. everything was really close to were i started.

buterbaughb1
10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
just an idea, is it taking your LR tire that much longer to come in and then it starts out-pulling the RR?

Driver88
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Could it be overheating the rf.

racin 1
10-09-2012, 09:29 PM
just wondering if the caster camber was off a little would make it push after 7or8 laps. or would it push from the start. we run dry slick black tracks.

buterbaughb1
10-09-2012, 11:03 PM
caster/camber shouldn't effect it after a few laps, that's something your going to feel from Lap 1. Are you using a soft tire or a harder tire with a bunch of cuts? (**on the RF**) From experience i've had a soft tire (american racer 44) give up after a few hard fast laps on the dry slick whereas using a harder (A.R. 48) with more cuts was more effective for a feature. Another small tip I've picked up on is grooving the RF around the circumference, giving the RF more hard edges to bite on. It helps a little, and every little bit helps when getting the most out of the tires. Just my experience