PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for next year

dougskewl
10-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Well the season is over and I have a list of items I need to address before next year.

Car is still eating distributor gears. I switched to TFI distributor and shaft. Some last a few races, others don't. Last one didn't last 30 laps and didn't have a single tooth left. Half of teeth on aux shaft were gone. It is getting oil but am not sure if it is enough.I have changed bearings, aux shaft, distributors, still have problem. Car is in top 3 when I don't break.

RPM would like to know how to get a few hundred more RPM out of the car. It is a 1/4 mile flat track. I have good torque out of the corner but it just stops at 6800 rpm. Running 373 gears. would like car to pull another 15-20 feet before I let off. Cam is "supposed" to be good to 7500RPM. It also makes no difference if car is under load or not. Valvesprings are supposed to be an upgrade from stock but have had a few other issues with parts the machine shop sourced for me. It is a hyd. cam.

Need to check the steering rack as it has a bad spot where it hangs up and "clicks"
Have to pull on starter cable to get it to start. solenoid internals seem loose.

car62
10-09-2012, 08:47 AM
id change the oil pump