View Full Version : Oglethorpe "Showdown In Savanah" Results

OVDTR.com
10-14-2012, 09:18 AM
1. Mark Whitener
2. Brandon Dewitt
3. Jason Fitzgerald

mf0521
10-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Very good race, unfortunately some unhappy people at the end, seems the 48 team was not pleased with the inversion,as was a few others, which i can see their point.
They use a wheel at OSP, and the 48 had fast time, but on the wheel you dont even have a 0,
so no shot at a straight up start, so i do see where they are coming from to some degree however
you have some fans of theirs that got on OSP's FB page and start making comments on the winners announcement about who the real winner is then goes back on the teams fb page laughing about how they got people stirred up, pretty sad.
Wonder how they would like it , the next time they win, someone goes on that tracks page and makes comments about who the real winner should be????????????????????

latemodel28d
10-16-2012, 01:09 PM
do you agree with the out come? he wasnt the only or fans that aint happy with the outcome or like how the track is ran, you cant pass on a one lane groove track, whats the point of qual if your gonna run heats? its a waste of time money ect, just draw for spots for heat races then, you dont envert half the field anyways top 4 or 6 max, 48 wasnt the only driver to get screw over bc of that, the fastest cars should start up front, they did their work to qual up front and win their heats so. all tracks should take the top 24 in time trails and start up like that. if you aint fast enough to get in on time you dont need to be out there in the way!

HCR#16
10-16-2012, 03:11 PM
I hate all that inversion crap, dice rolls, pole dashes, I hate'em all

mf0521
10-16-2012, 05:52 PM
do you agree with the out come? he wasnt the only or fans that aint happy with the outcome or like how the track is ran, you cant pass on a one lane groove track, whats the point of qual if your gonna run heats? its a waste of time money ect, just draw for spots for heat races then, you dont envert half the field anyways top 4 or 6 max, 48 wasnt the only driver to get screw over bc of that, the fastest cars should start up front, they did their work to qual up front and win their heats so. all tracks should take the top 24 in time trails and start up like that. if you aint fast enough to get in on time you dont need to be out there in the way!

I do think that a straight up start should be one of the possible outcomes if they use the wheel and maybe 6 max not 8.
The qualifying does line you up for the heats im assuming so if you fast your up front for your heat and the heat
results set the field.

mf0521
10-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Johnny Collins did a nice job of starting in the back of the last chance race and making the field then starting at the back again to finish 7 th.

dirtfan2757
10-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Of all tracks in the world, Oglethorpe should never invert. One of the South's better facilities with one of the worst surfaces in racing.