PDA

View Full Version : shocks

taterur
10-14-2012, 06:19 PM
whats the best shocks for crate car thanks

lovinlatemodels
10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Thats a loaded question you got guys running any where from old twin tube oil shocks to high dollar gas shocks it all depends on what you can affoard and track conditions some guys will says twin tube oil shocks for dry slick tracks to gas for rough fast tracks but technology and experience has high dollar gas shocks working on any track. Look at your check book first and go from there, Pro twin tube oil would be bottom, Afco oil and gas stuff is good for the price, genesis would be the next step in my book then you get into Integra and Ohlins that will set you back a pretty penny. Also just buying a shock dosen't fix everything knowledge is also everyting try and get with someone that specialize in shock tech to help you work with and understand the workings and conditions to use them in. It's alot but shocks can make you or break you. JMO

grtforever
10-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I recommend captian kirk at envy suspension, he is super easy to get ahold of and has a really quick turn around time

racinrocket1
10-16-2012, 09:31 PM
call kenny smith at B & O racing shocks hes the guy you want working on your shocks he will treat you right unlike Capt. Kirk ( the jerk ) talked to him before i called kenny and what a joke he was all he cares about is getting your money and not sending you your shocks...

kenny smith at B & O racing shocks - 1-336-789-6365

TRUST ME YOU WONT GO WRONG !!!!!

SS Motorsports
10-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I won't go into any great detail but I will give some of my one and only dealing with ENVY Suspension. Contacted him, I had a set of shocks that I needed re-valved, he assured me he could get the job done and sent back to me within 2 weeks. THREE months later I finally got them back. I will save you all the stories I got along the way, When I contact him to express my displeasure with the experience here is what I got "I don't have time to sit here and listen to this from you".
There are too many others doing shock work that will actually do what they say they will do.

MQueen
10-17-2012, 03:30 PM
I also dont recommend ENVY.

grtforever
10-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Sometimes perfection takes time, I got my shocks back extremely fast, and am thrilled with his excellent customer service

taterur
10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
whats the best shock afco/ohlins/ integar gas dub adj

grtforever
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
If money is no object, it is ohlins followed by integra, penske, genesis, bilstien, afco, pro

ureckirepair
10-18-2012, 03:53 PM
W.A.R. Shocks (931) 670-4024 Willie Allen or Keith Cochran

They sell and service any and all brands. Integra is their big seller and they have more than enough knowledge and experience to help you with your shock needs. They are racers and will not mislead you.

I run a Crate LM and they have been a huge help for me and my car and are there for you 24/7 if you need them.

SS Motorsports
10-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Give Genesis a call and spend a few minutes talking with Mike Farr and you may have your shock guy and your brand. From being a dealer for Genesis they are great people to deal with and if they don't have what you need on the shelf they have more than enough parts to build whatever you need. You will also have one of the most experienced people in the racing shock industry answering the phone every time you call.

Rayburnracecars1
12-21-2012, 04:02 PM
In addition to all the good Shock Techs that are mentioned above, you may just need to call Greg at Custom Racing Shocks at C.J. Rayburn's shop. Greg works alongside of C.j. everyday and also is in communication with Jim Hiland,(Bilstein) Jason at Ohlin's, Cory at Advanced Suspension. Greg is also capable of Building and repairing any and all of the major brand shocks out there and on top of it all he is fairly reasonable in the pricing of his service, he understands that the racers have a budget. He is dedicated to providing you with Great quality and Great Service from the time he first meet you whether it is on the phone or in person. Greg will take care of all of your shock questions and concerns. When you become a customer of his he will also give you his cell number and you can call him anytime for tech support.Call him at 877-828-8232

F22 RAPTOR
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
whats the best shocks for crate car thanks

The ones that best suit your budget, suspension design and track type... Not trying to be smart, but these all play a factor in that decision. I helped a guy down in Australia win the state championship for V8 Super sedans this past year(740+ HP) that ran mono leafs & coils and he used double adjustable PRO's(Dual tube Oil shocks). Generally your dual tube oil shocks are cheaper, more durable than the more expensive monotube variety. However a good builder can help you win races with either. Monotubes usually fade less over longer races, but a quality oil can help a dual tube fade less too. If you only run short races, 30 laps or less or on smoother tracks you may not need to worry as much about fade. You see a dual tube can suffer dents in the body and not effect the function of it at all. A mono tube can get a slight dent and it is fried because it utilizes the body for internal function like piston travel and glide ring seal.