PDA

View Full Version : Rocket dual msd

fastcar
10-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Have a rocket with dual msd wiring and I'm going to add a second box. My question is when I plug in the new box do I need to add another coil? Do I have to manually switch the coil wire and the wires from the box to the distributor, or is there a way to wire it so that boxes can be switched on the track

stillfast
10-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Quick Car makes the harness for Rocket. It has 2 switches to activate each system. It includes 2 boxes and 2 coils. The second system is a crank trigger. We have had some issues with the dual system over the years. I was thinking about going back to a single system (less complicated). Check with Quick Car if you want to do it, they helped us last year.

sj valley dave
10-15-2012, 06:14 PM
We have ran a dual system for a few years with zero problems. Two boxes, two coils, one off the distributor and one off the crank trigger and a coil selector...Timing is set different on each box...

derricklong38
10-15-2012, 07:24 PM
What about the MSD dist. that has 2 pickups?

Cant run a crank trigger on a crate. I know this isnt the crate section, but any help would be nice

fastcar
10-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the help guys I think I have it figured out now. The coil selector is where I was a little lost. I ended up finding a diagram from msd while looking for the coil selector