PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Chassis by Chris Wilson

robcoautosports
10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
A friend of the family just bought what he was told was an Outlaw chassis by Chris Wilson. Does anyone know how to get in touch with him for some help. The car was apart and need to make sure he gets everything back the way it needs to be. It is a 3 link car. Thanks for the help

johnfitz2modified
10-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Chris is in Louisa, KY. His family owns Wilson Funeral Home in Louisa you can find that #. Also I helped Chris build some cars and all the ones I helped with were swing arm cars and had 4-bar option. If the chassis on this car is blue look under driver side frame rail right behind front tire where it turns to go straight to back and I put a date there with initials JF. If that is the car it was set up for swing arm. If not it's a good chance it should be swing arm anyway.

robcoautosports
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
The car has a purple frame, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been painted. I will call and have him look for a number

johnfitz2modified
10-16-2012, 09:02 PM
The way these cars were designed for swing arm was to run on coil overs. It doesn't have a place for jack bolts. On each frame rail just in front of center line of rear axle is place to bolt shock to for coil over. He did build a few cars after mine and redesigned the frame rails for more clearance of the 5" coil over. I will be more than glad to help out in any way.

robcoautosports
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the help, I'm still waiting on his call back to see if it had a number on it. I live a couple of hours away or I would check for myself. Again thank you