PDA

View Full Version : Fastrak to no longer allow other series seals

FASTRAKPR
10-31-2012, 10:23 AM
FASTRAK TO NO LONGER ALLOW OTHER SERIES SEALS
October 31st 2012 FASTRAK PR **FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

(Four Oaks, North Carolina) - BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2013 - NO OTHER SERIES SEALS WILL BE ALLOWED IN FASTRAK TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF CRATE LATE MODEL RACING. FASTRAK SEALS AND ORIGINAL GM BOLTS ARE THE ONLY LEGAL SEALS TO PARTICIPATE IN FASTRAK.

The FASTRAK Racing Series has made the decision to no longer allow other series engine seals in order to protect the integrity of the FASTRAK and GM rules and engine programs. “Unfortunately we have had no options other than to discontinue the use of other series engine seals” said Series Founder Stan Lester. “Every time we’ve encountered an engine issue in the last two years, it’s been another series engine seals. That’s cost us thousands and thousands of dollars plus how much has it cost the teams racing against these engines? I’ve tried and tried to get the other crate late model series to cooperate with us, but they refuse to do so, therefore we made a decision accordingly”.

“All the teams, engine builders, Officials and management of FASTRAK have worked tremendously hard to insure everyone is on the same playing field. I’ve tried to reason with other series, but found that’s impossible. To us as members of FASTRAK, there’s only one way. These are GM crate engines and they need to stay GM crate engines. How hard is that? We have series out here running parts other than GM, another with no tracking system at all PLUS they send engine builders multiple sets of seals at a time with no method of tracking them and some no seals at all. Other series are continuing to start all over the country on a part time basis and that really throws a wrench in the whole deal. They make a few entry fees then go out of business. It’s a pattern from the past, but we don’t intend to let that to happen in FASTRAK” said Lester. “I guess it’s up to us to protect this type of racing and that’s what we will do. We were after all the first series in dirt late model crate engine racing therefore in some part I guess it’s become our responsibility to insure its stays GM crate racing engines as well. We have a lot of money invested in crate late model racing and so do our teams and sponsors. We don’t intend to let that be a wasted investment”.

TEAMS WILL HAVE UNTIL JUNE 1ST TO HAVE THEIR ENGINES SEALED CORRECTLY. THE SERIES AND SERIES TRACKS AND REGIONS WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO CALL THE OFFICE FOR EXCEPTIONS. OUR INTENTION IS TO WORK WITH EVERYONE, NOT TO HURT ANYONE.

“We appreciate everyone’s cooperation on this matter. It was a tough decision as I know it will make some people unhappy, but what were we to do? This decision was not made lightly. This is a big step for us. However we have all seen great engine rules packages in the past, but they have failed again and again. One part would get changed, then another, then another and the next thing you know the entire concept is gone completely. In the meantime the price goes up right along with it. This is our attempt to stop that from happening in FASTRAK. It is our hope teams from all series will applaud this effort to keep things 100% GM and keeping a good seal tracking program in place along with it. Doing without either will destroy crate racing”.

If you have any comments I do not get on forums very much at all, but please feel free to email me direct to sl@fastrakracing.com Stan Lester- FASTRAK Racing Series

WE WILL RESERVE THE RIGHT FOR EXCLUSIONS ON NATIONAL EVENTS AS THEY NORMALLY OCCUR IN AN AREA OUT OF OUR NORMAL RANGE. FOR INSTANCE EAST BAY, ELDORA, ETC. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL THE OFFICE AT (678) 935-7304.

The FASTRAK Racing Series City Chevrolet Touring Divisions would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2012 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, Longhorn Race Cars, RockAuto.com and FK Rod Ends. FASTRAK would also like to welcome Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Velocita USA Driving Suits, Beya Headers, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Also Visit the FASTRAK Racing Series online at www.fastrakracing.com and be sure to like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter at @FASTRAK_Racing!!