PDA

View Full Version : rayburn purple bar

dhr55
11-01-2012, 08:57 AM
haven't talk to rayburn but just couple times and he get out there sometimes so here are my 3 ? 1- how does the purple bar work.. 2- what does it do for the race car.. 3- when to use it and with what swing arm r 4-link..

dualdj1
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
haven't talk to rayburn but just couple times and he get out there sometimes so here are my 3 ? 1- how does the purple bar work.. 2- what does it do for the race car.. 3- when to use it and with what swing arm r 4-link..

Let me see if my understanding of what you're asking can give you the answer you're wanting...

The purple bar has a loading/unloading effect on the LR tire. Higher unloads the tire as the axle tries to move left, lower loads the tire as the axle tries to move left. The purple bar also lessens the amount of right to left travel of the axle, due to it's length. so you get less dynamic wedge change.

The benefits of the purple bar are that it's more consistent, and harder to "miss" on the setup.

as far as when to use it, as well as swing/z/4link, that really depends on your application. driving style, track size/shape, etc.

dhr55
11-02-2012, 11:09 PM
thanks.. never seen one so let me ask this.. does it take the place of the j-bar-- bolt in same location or do you have to buy other brackets

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2012, 07:36 AM
thanks.. never seen one so let me ask this.. does it take the place of the j-bar-- bolt in same location or do you have to buy other brackets

The typical Rayburn setup for it is to attach to the lr axle tube with a clamp people call a "warthog". Then it attaches to the frame on the right side. You use it instead of the j-bar.

stevo
11-03-2012, 09:09 AM
This works best in mud when you don't need sidebite,

dualdj1
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
It also tends to work pretty well in the slick, if you are very smooth, don't have a lot of HP, or have ways of limiting your HP. we did very well with it our first season in the slick, with about a 600hp steel block engine.

2FASTLM
11-06-2012, 10:41 PM
It also tends to work pretty well in the slick, if you are very smooth, don't have a lot of HP, or have ways of limiting your HP. we did very well with it our first season in the slick, with about a 600hp steel block engine.

can u pm some setup ideas,im running on a dryslick with a 600 hp engine next year and dont know much about these rayburns, always ran 4 bar cars, thanks

abe_05
11-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I would highly recommend you call Rayburn and update your car with new j-bar and pull bar setup. I don't know what size track you run on but if it is heavy and fast the old Rayburn standard setup stuff is still good but in slick and tight corner track you need to look into the new pull bar setup. 4-bars have so much rear and roll steer than swing arm it makes tuff to race against 4-bars with swing arm. I raced Rayburn for last 2 year but I have gone back to 4-bar with different chassis. I almost tried Rayburn's new car, I have talked to couple that are using it and they are liking it. Problem is not enough good drivers not sharing information on it. You can make swing arm roll steer but the pull bar will stop working. When you get left rear rolled up it will go thru corner almost like 4-bar but you loose forward bite because pull bar levels out, no angle. This is what Rayburn has changed. Good luck !

F22 RAPTOR
01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
haven't talk to rayburn but just couple times and he get out there sometimes so here are my 4 ?
1- how does the purple bar work?
2- what does it do for the race car?
3- when to use it ?
4- with what suspension, swing arm or 4-link?

1- Raising bar loosens car, lowering bar tightens car, simple.
2- Adjust Roll Center up and down.
3- when you need it...(Fine tuning mostly)
4- We use purple bar exclusively with swing arm and z-link setups.