PDA

View Full Version : Dummy shock on clamp bracket

hot rock
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
What would be the diffrence of the feel of a dummy shock on a clamp bracket clamped to axle tube instead of bird cage what would be better in which situation like track conditions,track shape and would one way have any more traction than other

andy16
11-07-2012, 09:57 AM
what is the valving and gas pressure on the shock or is it a true dummy 0-0

hot rock
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
no not a true dummy shock it will have some valving comp anyways

andy16
11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
u should have a litttle more traction under acceleration but there will be alot more movement of the shock i recomend a gas pressure shock i tried it w a afco twin tube and it blew it up after about 3 races got leaky. also u must use a chain limiter w this setup because under aceleration the shock will be pushed up a bit then when you hit the brakes will snatch it back down and will tear the heim off and tear up the shock. i like it alot but gotta use that chain.

Matt49
11-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You should ALWAYS be using a chain to limit travel of the LR. If you're using your shock to limit travel you will eventually destroy the shock and you will also be changing your travel every time you make a 4-bar adjustment on that side of the car.
Chain to the axle tube is the right way to do it.