PDA

View Full Version : Pinto Help

knight54
11-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I got a pinto to run for a mini stock. Was pretty much bone stock. I am kinda doing a chop cut rebuild on it since our rules allow more than stock. Base line is 6in ride height and 37in rear deck height. Can run racing springs screw jacks. Can not run a front shock/ strut over $70 or rear over $50. Stock shock mounts. The track i will be running is a 3/8 mile high bank asphalt track. A little on what i had in mind was i know the top 2 cars where running LF 350 RF 500. My base thinking was 400 and 600 which is close to that. As far as the leaf springs i am not familiar with. I was looking ar running the landrum LR 150 RR 125. Idea was to run a 2in lowering blocks and adjustable rear shackles that are like a screw jack from speedway motors. I have been reading moving the rear shackle mount from stock location would take away forward bight? Don't know the truth on that. Any help or input is appreciated.

vaoutlaw
12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
400/500 would be a great place to start,rear sounds fine,swap'em if its loose gettin in..i dont like to add much on here,but make sure you have many shackle holes in the frame its self ,two rows of at least 4.moving the shackle top forward and reverse can make some sweet minor adjustments.ill let you figure that out,....but i woulda thought you would have used sliders on asphalt.i have a method of mounting them with double screw jacks on each one to keep them running straight,and getting a little front to rear tilt