PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first ever Late Model (advice please) !!!

racinjason29
11-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I just bought my first ever Late Model and I plan to run in the limited latemodel class here in eastern KY. The car I purchased is an 06 Rayburn with 2012 updates. It has the pullbar on it. The car is perfectly straight, I checked it with a straight edge, no cracks or bends anywhere, I also checked the shocks, they are Koni, and they seemed fine. The springs are Hypercoil. I am looking for some advice on what I should be buying, what tears up on these cars the most, what to look for, what not to look for, set up tech etc. any advice is appreciated

racin6mod
11-10-2012, 09:16 PM
your gona want to get a second pullbar ready to swap out the die spring in the pull bar is designed to bottom out and that kills the spring in time. I just found it easier to have a second one set up and ready. if your not running a dry sump system you might think about raising the engine up in the chassis rayburn places the motor lower in the chassis so some wet sump pans bottom out on the track. I've seen guy's brake the oil pump right off the rear main. we had the best resaults with rayburns or set up with the pull bars all the way to the left and two damping shocks on top of the rearend with the purple panhard bar.

racinjason29
11-10-2012, 09:48 PM
My car has a straight bar on it, not a j-bar, whats that about?

racinjason29
11-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Also it is a wet sump, what pan should I buy and if raised, how much should I raise it and will that cause me to have to buy another mid plate?

F22 RAPTOR
01-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I'd say raise the engine 2" no matter, it works for us. Freeburg Racing Products makes a better pullbar in my opinion that utilizes the bigger coilover size spring, we love ours. The Rayburn pullbar unit works just fine, but the springs do fail and can cause the car to become erratic and being inexperienced you may chase your tail before you discover the pullbar spring has collapsed.

racinjason29
01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
what spring do you suggest in the pullbar, I race on a small, banked track that stays heavy (reason I bought the rayburn swingarm) but occasionaly I would like to go to a bigger track that slicks off, what pullbar spring rates do you suggest?