PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Oil Pump Info

CDNRocket18R
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Anybody know where i can find some info for a possible rebuild kit for a 4 stage pump. It works fine but just looking to upgrade and eliminate any potential problems. Thanks for the info.

merc123
11-12-2012, 07:53 PM
I have some of the gerotor parts that go inside

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?275665-Lawson-Racing-garage-clean-out&p=1609197#post1609197

talclipse
11-14-2012, 08:28 AM
I realize those pumps are simple; but, if you are going to pull it apart you may as well send it back to peterson and have it gone through by them. Their technical department has been pretty good to work with since we went that direction so if you want to order new parts I am sure they can take care of you as well.

AmickRacing
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I took my oil pump apart and cleaned it up after a blow up. Not much to most of the oil pumps, thankfully... however they also are in control of a lot of money (motor).

Could give Wulff Pumps a call, he's great to deal with and does awesome work too, also works on any brand of pump. 573-875-4894

fast_crew
11-14-2012, 06:23 PM
These pumps are so easy to go through, it's a waste of time and money to ship it somewhere and have someone else do it. Mark all the housing and spacer plates to besure kept in order, remove 4 bolts/nuts. Pull apart one section at a time, lay on clean cloth. Inspect for wear and damage, reassemble. Hardest part is fiddling with the small keyways.

racin6mod
11-25-2012, 10:12 AM
the small o-rings in some of the devider plates can be bought at your local parts store just take an old one in so they can match it. everything else is wear and replaceing the end bearing if needed. coleman race parts used to be a good place to order pump parts from. I've rebuilt many different brands and as said earlier just keep everything in order and be sure it parts are burr free also use light grease to help with those small keys. I use assembly lube on the rotors or gears which ever your pump has,you never want to turn the pumps over dry.