PDA

View Full Version : North GA - Turkey Rumble

CLICK1
11-13-2012, 10:19 PM
How is it that you can voice an opinion about every track in the country, but if one negative comment is made about North GA, it disappears. We have tried to support North GA all year, as have many other loyals, but Sat. night was a joke. From draging the program out to all hours to a very, very rough track that took its toll on alot of drivers and their equipment. We will continue to try to support our favorite track, but track promoter, you have to listen to disgruntled drivers and fans, get on with the program and get our favorite track back to its wonderful racing surface.

JoeDirt
11-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Yes it was bad. Would have liked to see him at least take something out there and try to fix the track a little the other night. People are going to complain, but my biggest complaint is the announcer/PR guy. I think Jason would do a better job himself than that guy. Steve Hixson is the best I have ever seen as far as PR and annoucing. He is not biased and his posts and news updates are formal. He doesn't post and delete 5 times, or delete negative comments. I do not think steve has ever ran anyone away from a racetrack. The guy North GA has now, definetely has. The attitude he has is not far from Monty. I'd rather listen to fingers on a chalk board than to listen to this guy, or read his posts, but do not really have a choice if ya going to race there....

Steve Hixson
11-14-2012, 11:42 AM
thank u for the compliment....

but listen: I've been doing this a loooooong time and have ruffled peoples feathers a time or ten

it takes a special person to do the things we (announcers/pr) do - it takes time and patients to get it rite - we do it for the love of the sport

I get agitated when folks talk bad about something I'm connected with - but we learn from our mistakes

NGS will make their share as will CLEVELAND and every other track out there

just keep voicing your opinions - "WE LISTEN" and so do the "OTHER TRACKS" - we'll adjust and keep striving to produce great racing and go on to the next event

NGS is one of my favorite tracks - they'll be fine

skinnyracer39
11-14-2012, 06:28 PM
well said steve !!!!!!

Late_Model_Mark
11-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I would also like to say The Steve H. is one heckuva announcer and a great guy. He is good at what he does.

Late Model Mark

Steve Hixson
11-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Mark u big ole butt kisser u......