PDA

View Full Version : Shaw 4 bar

LateModel B23
11-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Finally upgrading from an old DirtWorks 3 link to a 2009 Shaw 4 link. I have the "book" but not alot of notes or info from the previous owner.

What is the prefered start for the rear? I am thinking true shock/spring coil over LR behind. Spring on eliminator on RR - but in front w/ shock behind? Or the opposite?

Track is 1/2 mile that is pretty tacky in heat, but has been getting slick come feature time lately.

kn14
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
I would start with what Shaw cars come set up as, which is: LR spring behind shock in front. RR spring and shock in front on coilover. Hope this helps.

nikk
11-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Yes,what kn14 said.

LateModel B23
11-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Will do - thanks for the help.

powerslide
11-16-2012, 01:29 PM
kevin comes on here and helps alot of people. If you run the standard setup i'm sure he would be more than willing to give you advice if you have specific questions down the line.

LateModel B23
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I have had alot of success and alot of wins with my 4 bar late models at this track and the old 3 link has been a good consistent car. This is my first time working with a 4 bar modified. I am the owner, crew chief and bill payer - not the driver.

Thanks for the help - it is greatly appreciated.

johnny v
11-17-2012, 07:40 AM
I have had alot of success and alot of wins with my 4 bar late models at this track and the old 3 link has been a good consistent car. This is my first time working with a 4 bar modified. I am the owner, crew chief and bill payer - not the driver.

Thanks for the help - it is greatly appreciated.

dang, your doing everything but the FUN part :-)

LateModel B23
11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
dang, your doing everything but the FUN part :-)

I found out several years ago that I am a much better owner than I ever was a driver

johnny v
11-17-2012, 06:23 PM
I found out several years ago that I am a much better owner than I ever was a driver

I got ya !!
I was a driver, was a terrible owner , (not enough $$), then got too old and slow to be a driver , so now I play at Crew Chief !!

been around these things since 1971 with a few breaks.... it just gets in your blood, and you can't shake it.....

Your Car:
I worked on a 09 shaw for 2 yrs.... call them and get all their latest ...... we ran more rake in the jbar than the book calls for...and slightly softer front springs, but pretty much stayed close to their setup....