PDA

View Full Version : Quickchange

7uptruckracer
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Picked up a quickchange. Its missing the Spool and Ring Gear, It has steel axles tubes on it. How can I determine what length axles it was designed for. Can you run steel tubes with birdcages on a dirt late. Anybody sell just a ring gear if I already have the pinon looks like someone just took the spool and gear out as a whole. Its a winters 6 rib rear.

Matt49
11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Finding a spool shouldn't be hard.
Finding a ring gear will be difficult. Ring and pinion gears are manufactured and sold as matching sets.

7uptruckracer
11-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah I think I'm just going to buy a new R&P. I'm pretty sure this was in an asphalt car. Can i Used Steel Axle tubes with the birdcages? How do I determine what length axles these tubes were for so I can sell them if they aren't right? Or sell it to another asphalt racer as a whole unit from what I gather most of the LMSC use standard stuff unlike us.

dirty white boy
11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
http://static.speedwaymotors.com/images/charts/Chart-9197334.gif

this chart will help ya figure your axles,...yes steel tubes can be used with bird cages...

7uptruckracer
11-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Does it work as well? Seems like the surface has a little more friction the the aluminum. I might be better off just selling the steel tubes. Thanks for your reply!

dirty white boy
11-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Does it work as well? Seems like the surface has a little more friction the the aluminum. I might be better off just selling the steel tubes. Thanks for your reply!
it works as well,..just aluminums lighter

sj valley dave
11-20-2012, 04:37 PM
You will save a lot of weight, but the steel tubes work just fine with B/C's...get bearing cages though...Makes life simpler..imo

2rs
11-21-2012, 08:44 PM
What kind of car do you have and im sure someone on this site can help you find the correct rear end for your car.

7uptruckracer
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Rocket. I know the axle lengths and thus the tubes I need to change it to. It has the tubes for 34/35 now its Im' told off an asphalt late. I got it for 250 I might have been dupped but it has new sidebells gears all that. Just looks like someone took spool and ring gear out. I think being its been sat up I can do it up with all the nice bearings and all that. Its a 10" winters.