PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler rule

got2win
11-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Wish North Georgia would lose the spoiler rule in the Limited Late model class. The roller cam is not a horse power advantage.

thinker
11-20-2012, 10:32 AM
It along with everything else you can do is.

F22 RAPTOR
11-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Wish North Georgia would lose the spoiler rule in the Limited Late model class. The roller cam is not a horse power advantage.

You have got to be kidding, a roller cam is a HUGE advantage, horsepower and friction wise. They rev quicker than a solid cam and the roller design allows for a better ramp design for better power. If a roller wasn't an advantage nobody would run them, but they do.

perfconn
11-23-2012, 04:14 PM
All he was saying was that if you spend enough money the flat tappet cam will make as much power.Why do you think the flat tappet Sprint Cup cars make more power than the Nationwide roller cam motors.Without the tapered spacer Nationwide cars with roller cams still don't make as much power as the Cup cars do.Would I prefer a roller.Sure I would.Not for power,for reliability.

F22 RAPTOR
01-01-2013, 03:53 PM
All he was saying was that if you spend enough money the flat tappet cam will make as much power.Why do you think the flat tappet Sprint Cup cars make more power than the Nationwide roller cam motors.Without the tapered spacer Nationwide cars with roller cams still don't make as much power as the Cup cars do.Would I prefer a roller.Sure I would.Not for power,for reliability.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

wildside1
01-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Why in the world should they change the rule?? People have already built motors for the rules and if you dont like your engine combination i would suggest building a new one!! I dont think the flat tappet or the spoiler is a advantage over the bigger engine comination. The thing is no matter what people getting outrun will always complain!!

ledlight2012
01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I feel racing as game projects, focusing on participation! ! !