PDA

View Full Version : Soft metric setup?

Wsharp26
11-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Has anyone tried a bump stop on the rf of a soft metric setup? Stock car driver i was curious if you had tried it? In my thinking wouldnt it work somewhat like a stack spring or bump on a dlm?

Wsharp26
11-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I see i was curious if it would do that. Does your car run weight jacks or was it on a external shock?
I am interested in this set up and would like to figure out what to try. I am assuming shock selection is huge and u are using a heavy tie down. In our area i think this would work well. I needed better side bite on entry at times.

Krooser
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
tried it multiple times and always the same result

if it bottoms out on a hard stop you lose all grip and go straight up the track in a 4 wheel slide.

I dont think theres enough room there without limiting travel to run a soft enough bump stop that will really work all the time.

I hit my frame now and then and just live with it. If you see my videos its obvious when it happens the nose of the car goes up the track. I may try stiffer fronts on this car to fix it but the set up is really good on dry and I usually only bottom out on rough junk tracks, which everyone has issues anyways.

How do we find these videos?...