PDA

View Full Version : LR brake problem?

regor
11-25-2012, 04:47 PM
The LR brake bracket keeps bending and the two bolts fall out eventually. What is causing this - a bent axle or something else? I dont see anything wrong looking at it otherwise.

racin6mod
11-25-2012, 07:53 PM
not much info here but I would ask how are the pads are they still flat and sitting parall in the calipers? do you run a lr limiter that maybe getting tangled under the caliper in some way? or are the bars hitting the caliper also check the hub to be sure it's not loose. once a guy pitted next to me and when he jacked up his car the lr tire moved what looked like two inches because the hub nut had backed off. that would put a side load on the caliper and a he11 of a load in the corners that could bend the bracket. try to give us some more info what type of rear susp is the car underslung even the chassis builder. someone on here may of had the same problem.

regor
11-30-2012, 11:51 AM
This is a sportmod. stock rear end. the pads look good.

Lizardracing
11-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Assuming the threads are in good shape and properly sized.....

If the caliper bracket is welded on with spacer between the bracket and caliper to allow it to float back and forth the bracket has to flex to compensate for wear. It might be enough to loosen the bolts. Or even pull the threads out.

1fast1
12-02-2012, 04:43 PM
depending on what you run for pads and how hard you brake we were bending the brake brakets from not being heavy enough. They were 3/16 now 3/8 or weld two 3/16 toghter (these were with small metric calipers)

regor
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Ok thanks for that suggestion. I will measure mine to see how thick they are.