PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on rayburn car

silverbull14
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
buying a 2010 Rayburn combo car. just wondering if they are a good out the box car or if you have change anything about them to make them better in certain areas?

abe_05
11-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Tell me how you planning to run swing arm or 4 bar ? What type track slick or hooked up ? What shocks do you have ? Just PM back what motor, over rail or underrail, how many shock mounts on rear ?

F22 RAPTOR
01-01-2013, 01:51 PM
buying a 2010 Rayburn combo car. just wondering if they are a good out the box car or if you have change anything about them to make them better in certain areas?

Rayburn builds a great car, I'm partial to the swing Arm setup, but plan to experiment with Z-link some. Most Rayburn people I know end up customizing there cars to suit their individual needs. For instance, we always raise the engine 2" from the get-go. We get ride of Rayburns lift bar and pull unit. We like using Barry Wright Lift bars for the 6th coil end of things with BWRC rear end plates as well. Then we mount a long pull bar on the left side that connects to the lift arm bolt at the rear end and down by the tranny at the front. I have a friend in Kansas that uses different front ride heights and upper control arms to move the RC where he likes it. Some people change over to j-bar some stay with purple panhard bar. I like the purple panhard bar, but I have something different I plan to try that may be better than that and the j-bar.