PDA

View Full Version : which is better?

3rdMAN
11-29-2012, 02:26 AM
i have a metric monte carlo but have the chance to get a 70ish camaro on leaves just wondering what every1 thinks should i stay with the metric or get the camaro? thanks ahead of time for anyhelp..

4bangerhotrod
11-29-2012, 08:26 AM
is the car sitting on the leaves or are they just in the car, its prob best if you dont park it under tree's and keep it covered up. but im sure with time the leaves will rot away lol. sorry couldnt help it

twizted
11-29-2012, 08:41 AM
is the car sitting on the leaves or are they just in the car, its prob best if you dont park it under tree's and keep it covered up. but im sure with time the leaves will rot away lol. sorry couldnt help it

Deleted my response to this cause it was just starting fight.

3rdMAN
11-29-2012, 09:23 AM
sorry guys only 17 didnt know how to spell it but that is funny............just wonderin which chassis will work better

twizted
11-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I wasnt picking on you, I know what it is like to be weak on spelling and dont like it when the grammar police jump people that make mistakes.

I prefer the metric chassis cause parts are every where and seems to fit me. The camaro we had stayed more level and a nova is supposed to be awesome but harder to find parts when you need then.

dirty white boy
11-29-2012, 10:52 AM
camaro an nova the same,..lil better geometry than a metric,..leafs can be competitive on right track but ant as good as other setups over all,...also have to figure in what modifacations your track will allow,..ant no good,better,best deal...

Racer96m
11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Its not if one is better than the other. Its what you understand best. If you are familure with the Metric and what it takes to make one run up front, stick with that. If you have run leafs and know the ins and outs, then they can be fast also. I have run them all over the years and at this point there are few camaros that have anything for our metric. There are a couple fast ones left, but very few. I guess I like the fact that the metric is easier to adjust, but like I said, you have to understand what your working on. Just my .02

Dave.

dirty white boy
11-29-2012, 02:46 PM
That is not correct.

Camaro is 108" wheelbase and Nova is 111".

yes,..true,..i was referring to the front clip an parts being the same...ol nova is 3 inches longer,till ya put mopar springs under it....