PDA

View Full Version : any results from bubba's ?

pro/spec
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
anybody ? thanks

doug22176
12-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Excellent race....unofficial

1. Mark Whitener
2. Ivedent Lloyd
3. Shan Smith
4. Doug Horton

Oneil and Whitener get together battling for lead which leads to drama....Matthew Turner wins championship

Egoracing
12-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Excellent race....unofficial

1. Mark Whitener
2. Ivedent Lloyd
3. Shan Smith
4. Doug Horton

Oneil and Whitener get together battling for lead which leads to drama....Matthew Turner wins championship

Whitener DQ'd in tech for pistons!
1.LLoyd was declared winner
2. Shan Smith (Also hard charger started 21st.)
3. Doug Horton

racingfan101
12-02-2012, 09:08 AM
whitener caught cheating... wow no surprise there! now if only udlmc and nlms would check like the nesmith series

davis2902
12-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Cheating........LMAO.........Waiting on the replies......................

mf0521
12-02-2012, 12:40 PM
whitener caught cheating... wow no surprise there! now if only udlmc and nlms would check like the nesmith series

I know zip about motors, but what i read from comments on Ivedent Lloyds FB fan page, pistons were installed in the wrong cylinders,
no illegal parts,

mackwrench
12-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I know zip about motors, but what i read from comments on Ivedent Lloyds FB fan page, 2 of the rods were installed in the wrong cylinders,
no illegal parts,

.....well if you seen it on fb, it must be true .....
But on nesmith web site it says "illegal pistons"
Rumor also has it that a crewman on the 58 car got his azz whipped by O'Neal ....note rumor....

Race Dog
12-02-2012, 01:27 PM
His engine was rebuilt and the engine builder turned all the pistons around which is an advantage and illegal! Read the rules!

mf0521
12-03-2012, 11:47 AM
If you didnt see the race, they have it on the nesmith FB page, one heck of a battle between oneal and whitener no matter the outcome...................................

MidTnDirtFan
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
It was a good race. I think that Ronnie Johnson might have been in the mix if he hadn't got pinched into the front stretch wall. I do want to say that what Oneal did was BUSH LEAGUE!!!! I know he was in the heat of the battle but he could have lifted when the other guy dove down and started to slide up. Even after he was hit and spun chances are that he would have gotten his spot back. But to just wait and run into the guy TWO times is wrong. And he trashed his car in the process....Or should I say the car he was driving. As for who whipped how in the pits well I couldn't see it but I knew there was something going on because the race had to be stopped to let all the track people and security across to break it up. Anyways I just think that him running into another car under CAUTION was uncalled for..JMO

mf0521
12-04-2012, 06:05 PM

It is kind of interesting that no one stopped and thought for a minute that maybe they just made a
bad choice in an engine supplier, for this one off nesmith race, the driver or the team doesnt know
if its exact , their normal engine supplier doesnt build crate motors, so they had to get one..........
I really dont believe they asked for a motor that wouldnt pass tech................
just amazes me that the driver is automatically guilty of cheating in everything he drove.
Guess youll always have people with an ax to grind come out of the woodwork when they can.

dalexander19
12-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I know one thing for sure... Don O'neal knows who Mark Whitener is now!

RW57
12-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I just read somewhere else on here 4 pistons were in backwards I am like the AFLAC Duck on this one huh!!!! . What does this help I have built engines my whole life maybe reduce friction or something I gotta know. I understand why they called it wrong it was not like GM built it.

DirtClassic
12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27565

mf0521
12-06-2012, 12:28 PM

It is kind of interesting that no one stopped and thought for a minute that maybe they just made a
bad choice in an engine supplier, for this one off nesmith race, the driver or the team doesnt know
if its exact , their normal engine supplier doesnt build crate motors, so they had to get one..........
I really dont believe they asked for a motor that wouldnt pass tech................
just amazes me that the driver is automatically guilty of cheating in everything he drove.
Guess youll always have people with an ax to grind come out of the woodwork when they can.

The last sentence above seems pretty fitting after this came out last night ............

Magicman58
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

On behalf of Mark Whitener & Big Frog Motorsports.

We have set back & read your opinions about the track, about the driver & the situation that took place Saturday Night at BRP.

Yes our motor was found to be illegal. Yes we were DQ'd in tech. Due to our pistons being in the wrong holes. Yes we did receive a $1000 fine & a 365 days suspension from the Nesmith Crate Late Model Series.

We have spoken to our engine builder for our crate motor which is Bubba Army Performance. Bubba personally called us Sunday morning sick about the whole situation. Bubba has agreed to pay the $1000 fine that Mark received. He has also agreed to pay us personally the $10,000 that Mark & Big Frog Motorsports Won on Saturday December 01,2012. He has also agreed to purchase us a brand new crate motor straight from GM.

Now we have been racing a lot of years & it is virtually unheard of that a engine builder to stand behind his engines like Bubba is doing. Bubba himself, his track BRP & engine company are truly the best in being racer friendly here in Florida.

We would like to say Thank You to all of our sponsors, fans, and family for standing behind us in this situation.

Thank you,
Mark Whitener &
Big Frog Motorsports

racingfan101
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
that money should of gone to oneal.... good job taking him out CHEATNER

Egoracing
12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Mark has raced other crate races this year not just this one race.