PDA

View Full Version : Buying scales

twizted
12-02-2012, 01:53 AM
I guess I am gonna buy myself a set of scales. I am looking at the Longacre Accuset II Kit with scale pad box from Speedway. Seems to be a good kit from a good company and the price is right at $1000.00.
I am tired of looking at old sets with frayed cables small pads and buttons worn through for $600-$800. Any bad points about the scales or recommendations on another set.

DANNY
12-02-2012, 09:19 AM
I went with the Vision DXI.

They have all the corner weights plus four display for options for %'s ie: left, rear, bite, & total as well as other %'s this way its all on one screen no changing from one to the other. :)

And they come with the free case too lol

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Longacre-DX1-Scale-System,38801.html

dirtman45
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
These are really nice scales.

Intercomp SW500

http://www.jegs.com/i/Intercomp/541/170125/10002/-1?parentProductId=

JoeBiv
12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
I went with the intercomps from speedway. It was between the longacres and intercomps. Intercomp is really a "scale" company, also they offered more features and are more upgrade able in the future. Either set you won't be disappointed with...

twizted
12-03-2012, 06:21 AM
I am leaning towards Intercomp a lil now but what do you mean "they are more upgrade able in the future"?

JoeBiv
12-08-2012, 08:08 PM
When I bought mine, this past summer, intercomp was the only one with a iphone/android app. They have a whole system that you can use with their tire pressure/temp, lap timer ect. I dont use any of it right now but its available if I ever get that involved. Also intercomp has like 100 memory slots, printer out put and a port to hook up a laptop. I dont think Longacre had any of that. I did get the new Longacre catalog and see that they are now pushing scale systems with "tablets" included. (looks like ipads?) I bet they get more involved with adding to that system. So with all that said I haven't used any of the extra features of the intercomps but there their if I ever want too.