PDA

View Full Version : 4 link bracket locations

Towers21
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Im building a modified that has been outdated but no run time on it. I wanted help as most all successful modifieds have ties to DLM chassis. Is there a common ground for locating the 4 link brackets along with Z link or swing arm option on cars being built today and if not what opinion does one have if they had to start from scratch and mount a set of brackets for a 4 link. For example can I get a dimension, Left and Right, Fore and Aft, Up and Down, if I square from the center line of the jack screws back? Also what should I use to locate the 9 inch rear left to right, fore and aft. Also locating the birdcages on the rear for the bar location and shock and spring. These are all measurements but I dont have access to something to measure. There are a lot of tech articles written about what to do with the stuff once it is already there but who writes an article about where to put it before adjustments come into play. If I knew the rear end location Left to Right from the jack screw center line and the location of the birdcages Left and Right I could probably come close on the rest. This is and older chassis with a good front clip and green house and can do the work myself just dont have all the specs I need and dont want to guess. Thanks for any ones input.