PDA

View Full Version : Bump stops and stacked springs

2rs
12-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I was wanting to learn about bump stops and stacked springs. Is there a school to go to books a person can buy or get hooked up with the right person (people) to learn on this or is it just learn by trial and era. thanks

4bangerhotrod
12-03-2012, 02:13 AM
I was wanting to learn about bump stops and stacked springs. Is there a school to go to books a person can buy or get hooked up with the right person (people) to learn on this or is it just learn by trial and era. thanks

i wouldnt suggest waisting your time on bump stops an stacked springs, i would learn all you can about the dual stage rf and work on that. you can get someone to get you started on a baseline for your car with it but you will need to do alot of trial and error to get it working for you. the few people ive been around during testing it with the same car's, have different baseline's on the rf and each driver make's different adjustments at different time's according to what they like to feel in the car. there's so many variable's on the rf with this setup there's alot of adjustment's within the spring not counting the shock. you can tune yourself right out of the ballpark real quick with this. but i believe the risk is worth it once you learn it, this will def take a mid pack weekly racer and put them winning race's or being in contention to win.