PDA

View Full Version : pitlift question

m.lion
12-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Has anyone tried racelift or mlr lifts aluminum lift? Gonna buy a lift and see theres a price difference. is there a big difference in them to justify price.

TALON75
12-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I got a steel one from MLR and it is a great piece for the money, just couldn't see spending twice the money for the racelift. I will be upgrading to the aluminum model this year . The steel is just a little heavy at the end of the night!lol but really not too bad.

PA Dirt Fan
12-06-2012, 06:23 AM
We got a steel MLR at the start of the year and love it well built piece what a time saver at the track also use it during the week in the garage one of those things you get and use it and wonder how you ever did it with out one

We got a heavy plastic tool box on wheels with a retracting handle from craftsman you can put your pump and battery in the bottom put the tray back on top and put your line and remote all in one place and roll it in and out of the trailer to load and un load it

talclipse
12-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Same as the others have posted. I have the steel MLR lift. It is a very well built piece and probably have a double safety factor. I will be looking to upgrade to their aluminum lift this off season as well.

With all of that said if you are looking at a pit lift the weight is probably the most critical item to be concerned with. The heavy steel lift while not unbearable to carry around tends to dig into the dirt when trying to re-position it under the car.

Ghopper
12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Same as the others have posted. I have the steel MLR lift. It is a very well built piece and probably have a double safety factor. I will be looking to upgrade to their aluminum lift this off season as well.

With all of that said if you are looking at a pit lift the weight is probably the most critical item to be concerned with. The heavy steel lift while not unbearable to carry around tends to dig into the dirt when trying to re-position it under the car.

How much was the steel lift initially, and what will it cost to upgrade to aluminum (assuming you only replace the lift frame)?

I have a RaceLift. It has worked well, but a few area could be improved. For instance the handle has been bent all kinds of ways. However, the old guys on my team bought it and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Mainly because they are not worn out :)

Thanks,
Ghopper

hucktyson
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I have never owned a race lift but I've seen several , I can say without a doubt they are a complete piece of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) compared to a Goode lift like I have , there a double action lift and top of the line and 400 less than a race lift

Matt49
12-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Isn't it awfully hard to get under the car to work on anything in the center with one of these?
Looks like it would be about impossible to get to the 5th coil or anything else in the center of the car with it on one of these. Having never used one, I could be way off but it just looks like it would be in the way.

pajamie
12-07-2012, 10:59 PM
if you need to pull the tranny or anything like that.. the lift does get in the way and you need jackstands.. But if your making bar changes or just changing tires.. the lift is great..

1fast1
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
can anyone tell me the length of the cylinders when there closed?

talclipse
12-10-2012, 06:13 AM
How much was the steel lift initially, and what will it cost to upgrade to aluminum (assuming you only replace the lift frame)?

I have a RaceLift. It has worked well, but a few area could be improved. For instance the handle has been bent all kinds of ways. However, the old guys on my team bought it and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Mainly because they are not worn out :)

Thanks,
Ghopper
Ghopper
The lift was initially $1,250 I believe. I saw where the manufacturer had posted a price for JUST the aluminum lift (I for some reason cannot find/ remember it this AM); but, this sounds like a good excuse to purchase a spool gun/ tig outfit if there ever was one.

EC

MLR19
12-14-2012, 11:54 PM
We have 3 different lifts available.
The original all steel EZ-Lift Deluxe that is built of 14 Gauge Steel , rated at 3200 Lbs & weighs 85 LBS.
The EZ-Lift Light that weighs 62 lbs & is rated at 2600lbs,
and the new EZ-Lift aluminum version that weighs 45 lbs & is rated at 2600 lbs.

We recommend putting the lift on the ground & rolling the car over it, once you get the car properly positioned, we use marking paint to mark the ground around the left side tires, so the car is easily repositioned .This way you only handle the lift twice a night.

As far as working on the car, the only thing you cant do is pull the trans. The fifth coil, drive shaft etc are easily accessible. In fact we have even put a new rear seal in the trans at the track while on the lift.

We have sold over 150 units since February 1st, and everyone has had positive things to say.

If you have any questions , please feel free to call me.

Larry

812-352-1221
WWW.MLRFAB.COM