PDA

View Full Version : Body Bracing

Goose
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Lately I've seen some guys running what appears to be White Nylon Strap looks to be about 1" wide by 1/4" thick, Seems to be fairly pliable. Has anyone else seen this Stuff? Does anyone know where to buy it? I've been looking around with out much luck. Hopefully y'all will know where to find it. I've been doing tons of Google search's with every type of wording I can think of without any luck.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Robert

TCmod
12-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Jet Racing has it.

http://store.jetracinginc.com/bost4foby1by.html

dirttrackrocker
12-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I have seen guys use strips of lexan too.....

TeamGRT12x
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I used some stuff like this a few years ago. After I gave the quarter panel to a few guys the lexan got weak and eventually broke. I prefer spring steel or good ole' aluminum.

stockcar5
12-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Delrin is one of the names for the white stuff.

You can buy it 12x24 or 24x24 or 24x34 for about $15 bucks a piece...

I bought the half inch thick stuff and used it last year, I bought black. I cut it on my small table saw into 1 wide strips, its great, you can put a nice bend in one end and get it to retain it even if you crease it enough...

http://www.plasticsintl.com/acetal-delrin-sheet.html

You can get the delrin at graingers or many other places, often free shipping so check around.

Lexan is no good, lexan breaks etc. The clear strap material you would use would be called polycarbonate, it is clear and can be broke over 90 in a brake etc. It is what they use for rub rails and sell at race shops pre formed. Its about 65 bucks for a 4x8 sheet last time I checked.

lexan is a trademark name for polycarbonate. i use it for my opera windows and for body bracing. it works well and can be bent at 90 degrees. i use 1/8 thick.

Goose
12-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Well thanks for the info guys! that exactly what I was looking for. Stock Car Driver does this stuff break in half or snap or tear very easily? That why I'm looking for something new, Tired of replacing aluminum.

-Robert