PDA

View Full Version : LF Shock Motion

7uptruckracer
12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Whats the typical LF shock motion for dirt. I know the car rolls up on the LF, trying to plug it into my software and don't have nor want to spend the money on data acquisition software so just need a ballpark number. I had 2 inches of upward travel, Just showing a severe positive camber loss and travels into negative camber. Playing with arm angles and lengths. Its for a dirt late mod 4 on stock pinto spindles but this is a much better place to ask then a mini stock forum. Also trying to slow down my roll center traveling farther left. Looks like I'm going to end up using longer lowers by a bit on both sides as well as a combo on my uppers thats different to get my camber curves into spec.

let-r-eat
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
You have a traditional mII suspension now with rack and pinion? Or is everything aftermarket with a 18 1/4 or 18 1/2 style rack like a latemodel?Where do you have the RC at static right now? What tire and rim are you using with offset?

7uptruckracer
12-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Its a full tube car all after market lowers and uppers was fitted for a sweet rack but has a mustang rack now going to switch back to many Bump Steer and Ackerman Issues. Its just loosing a lot of LF camber I think I am going to end up going to longer uppers and lowers on the LS and a longer RF Lower and Shorter RF upper seems to slow the Dynamic RC migration down I just have to run a TON of LF camber and end up with .5 after 2 inches of ROLL up at the LF and 2.5 Compression on the RF at turn entry. I start with 4 inches high and 4-6 inches Left of centerline static. Also looking into running longer studs on the LF uppers and Lower to act like a taller spindle it has stock pinto 10* spindles on it I saw where I can get 8* aftermarket ones looking into that as welll. Thoughts?

7uptruckracer
12-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Tires are 13x10 AR 23, and 2" Backspace rims. Lowers are 13.5 LS and 15.5 RS but pretty sure that wasn't what was built into it. Going to a 15 5/8 LF and 17 5/8 lower with a 10.75 LS upper and a 8.25 Upper RF to get a better RC migration which seems to move from 6-13 then back towards center and ends up at 9 at its farthest shock travel RF camber gains up to around -10

7uptruckracer
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Trying to Reduce LF camber Loss what can I do Autoware is helping but not enough......I'm at 25* Upper arm angle on a 11.75 upper TIPS ANYONE?