PDA

View Full Version : Bert trans wont go into high gear

missile07
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Very last night we raced I had trouble getting the transmission into high gear. It has only been 4 nights since complete overhaul of all internals. Now on jack stands I can't seem to get it to lock in high. Any suggestions?

johnny v
12-21-2012, 09:08 AM
are you running the car on jack stands or just trying to pull it into High without anything turning / running?

I would just pull it out and play with it on the bench..... shifting into high is just Mechanical stuff..... test the shift rods, pull the side cover and see what is happening........maybe the shifter is the problem...

oldfartracer
12-21-2012, 10:34 AM
are you running the car on jack stands or just trying to pull it into High without anything turning / running?

I would just pull it out and play with it on the bench..... shifting into high is just Mechanical stuff..... test the shift rods, pull the side cover and see what is happening........maybe the shifter is the problem...

i agree with johnny v -and while you have side cover off make sure roll pin is not broke that pins shift fork to shift shaft i have had that happen and it won't go into high something to look at

racin6mod
12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
make sure the rev lever is in nutral if it's not that will cause the same issue your having. if one the linkage rods got bent just a little you may need to readjust your linkages. if that doesn't fix the issue than the pin that locates the fork on the shifting shaft has broken or it has can out.the rebuilder should have replaced both of them.