PDA

View Full Version : Nova lowers on metric street stock

AH55
12-21-2012, 11:33 AM
I've got a couple of question that I wonder if you guys could help me with. I run a metric modified with Nova lowers. I have a buddy that is wanting to run nova lowers on his metric street stock with Impala spindles. so I'm wondering

Will the spring pocket need to be changed?
Will the stock metric uppers bolt up with the nova lower and impala spindles?
If not, will Nova uppers bolt up to a metric clip and work with this setup?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Armond

racinjj
12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
You will have to move the spring pocket out 3/4" for the spring to sit decent and you will need to move the upper control arm mount and or get new upper a-arms.

AH55
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
You will have to move the spring pocket out 3/4" for the spring to sit decent and you will need to move the upper control arm mount and or get new upper a-arms.

Ok, thats kind of what I figured...just diddn't know if there were any easier tricks. Thanks alot for your help.

Extreme Race Cars
12-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Ok, thats kind of what I figured...just diddn't know if there were any easier tricks. Thanks alot for your help.I used '65 impala uppers back when we had to use stock uppers...you can use the stock upper mounts. You can either shim them or move the mount just a little.

AH55
12-23-2012, 09:14 AM
I used '65 impala uppers back when we had to use stock uppers...you can use the stock upper mounts. You can either shim them or move the mount just a little.

Thanks for the tip...I will let him know.

ToddSmith16
12-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Get a hold Nichols race cars(NRC).. I believe its standard on his cars he builds.