PDA

View Full Version : brake pad help!!!!

20fan20
12-21-2012, 08:35 PM
what is the best brake pads for a mod running 3/8 mile track kinda stop and go....
thanks for any advice

dirttrackrocker
12-22-2012, 06:20 AM
what is the best brake pads for a mod running 3/8 mile track kinda stop and go....
thanks for any advice

Lots of guys using Wolfpack, but, they're kinda expensive. I use the Hawk Blacks

johnny v
12-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Lots of guys using Wolfpack, but, they're kinda expensive. I use the Hawk Blacks

not trying to hijack the thread, but....

would you want to start with new rotors using the Hawk blacks if you haven't been running them before or just let them go....I hear you go through a set or two of rotors each season so maybe they will wear into the old rotor , knock the glaze of fairly fast ??

charcoal01
12-22-2012, 07:49 AM
A set or two of rotors? Maybe if you drag the brake all night every night. I tail brake a moderate amount and my rr rotor looks fairly new and my lr has at least another 10 races on it, this is after the first 25 or so nights on new pads and new rotors. Just takes some heavy grit sand paper to your old rotors and new pads and don't forgot to break them in.

dirttrackrocker
12-22-2012, 08:15 AM
A set or two of rotors? Maybe if you drag the brake all night every night. I tail brake a moderate amount and my rr rotor looks fairly new and my lr has at least another 10 races on it, this is after the first 25 or so nights on new pads and new rotors. Just takes some heavy grit sand paper to your old rotors and new pads and don't forgot to break them in.

I have heard of guys going through rotors with the Blacks, but, I don't have that problem. I ran all season last year with them and the rotors are still good for a few more races. I will replace them anyway.