PDA

View Full Version : WTB Advanced gas filled double adjustable shocks

yellowgt1994
12-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Wanted to buy gas filled Advanced double adjustable shocks.
Please e-mail pics & pricing to yellowgt1994@aol.com

speaker56
12-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Are you looking for cannister shocks?

yellowgt1994
12-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I would prefer non canister, but if the price is right I could have the cannisters redone for my application.

speaker56
12-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Advanced does not make a non-canister double adjustable shock. only rebound adjustable or some compression adjustable but not both unless canister.

yellowgt1994
12-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I know but I can have the cannister removed and it will work for what i need.

speaker56
12-23-2012, 05:36 PM
so in other words you are ONLY looking for cannister shocks

yellowgt1994
12-24-2012, 07:03 AM
so in other words you are ONLY looking for cannister shocks
No not neccessarliy. We run under UMP rules and are not allowed to run cannister.
We wanted to run double adjustable, but Advanced does not make a non cannister double adjustable shock. So I decided to buy the CHEAPEST advanced shocks I could buy and have them converted to what I need and I had an easier time of finding cheaper cannister than non cannister.
I will buy basically any gas filled Advanced shocks that I can find if the price is right since I can't afford to buy new.

B r a n d o n
12-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Advanced does not make a non-canister double adjustable shock. only rebound adjustable or some compression adjustable but not both unless canister.

Correct the 4200 monotube series is perfect for what you're looking for. Get Rebound adjustable so that you can adjust it from tacky to slick easier.

The canister shocks wont work for you because the adjuster is on the canister itself. So the above single adjustable is ideal.

speaker56
12-24-2012, 02:57 PM
No not neccessarliy. We run under UMP rules and are not allowed to run cannister.
We wanted to run double adjustable, but Advanced does not make a non cannister double adjustable shock. So I decided to buy the CHEAPEST advanced shocks I could buy and have them converted to what I need and I had an easier time of finding cheaper cannister than non cannister.
I will buy basically any gas filled Advanced shocks that I can find if the price is right since I can't afford to buy new.

So you are really looking for a gas filled single adjustable Advanced shock.