PDA

View Full Version : Grt copy setup help!

racert22
12-24-2012, 10:43 PM
im needin some help on a 02 grt copy w/05 updates.. im guessin it wud setup by basic wise off grt sheets? i have a regular grt as well so thats no prob there! but my real help is.. when i got the car the guy had a bent tube lower left rear 4 bar on it from ppm and he also has a chain on the lr and on rr? anybody know why theyhave a chain on rr? ik they should be one on lr but never have seen one on rr? any thoughts or answers why? thanks!

9WRACER
12-24-2012, 10:55 PM
keeps the spring in contact on rr to keep the car tighter

jason29a
12-25-2012, 10:51 AM
im needin some help on a 02 grt copy w/05 updates.. im guessin it wud setup by basic wise off grt sheets? i have a regular grt as well so thats no prob there! but my real help is.. when i got the car the guy had a bent tube lower left rear 4 bar on it from ppm and he also has a chain on the lr and on rr? anybody know why theyhave a chain on rr? ik they should be one on lr but never have seen one on rr? any thoughts or answers why? thanks!

The car actually gets up on the right side bars sometimes to the point it can come off the spring also. Set the chain just where it touches the spring. This will help the car from just falling on the spring and upsetting the car when you life off the gas.

toloud
12-27-2012, 10:15 PM
On our 2011 rocket we use a cable on the rr set to just before the shock tops out as protection for the shock. You will find it aids greatly in holding the rear in place during changes. Also be careful setting it much shorter as it will cause you to pull the rr off the track on a really rough track.