PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure dummy light not working

merc123
12-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I got a new car and put in a used gauge panel. I wired all of the dummy lights with the daisy chain harness that Longacre gauges come with. I hooked up the pressure sensor light to the dummy switch and when I flipped the switch the sensor started to blow smoke. I'm guessing it ground out some how. Anyway replaced with sensor with a new one and hooked it up, but when I flip the "ON" switch there is no dummy light coming on. Fuel pressure one doesn't come on either but could be a blown bulb.

I tested the harness and it's getting 12.5 volts through it when grounded to decking. I hooked up the dummy light straight to the harness and grounded it to decking and it lit up. It shows 12.5 volt when I put positive lead of multimeter to harness and the ground lead to the oil pressure sensor. The gauge light works so I know the gauge is grounded.

My old dummy light in my old car came on when the car was off. Could this sensor work differently or maybe something wrong with sensor?

merc123
01-09-2013, 07:43 PM
It was the sensors. Both of them were broken. Replaced with a different type and it fixed it...