PDA

View Full Version : proportioning valves, hold off valves, brake drag questions, not a brake expert?

andy16
01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
question 1-
i want to add a "delayed" effect to my r/f brake. dont want to shut it off just want it to come in a split sec behind the l/f. im afraid those adj needle and seat "proportioning valves" will delay my brake pressure lifting. yes they delay the pressure getting to the caliper but do they delay the pressure leaving? holding the brake a little longer after i lift undoing whatever happened by starting the lf first. basically i need the l/f to come on first and them both to come off at the same time? how do i accomplish that?
question 2-
when i roll my car around at track and in shop i can hear some brake drag/squeal slightly. i dont like it makes me feel like its a piece of junk or something. wilwood superlites w drilled rotors. in fair condition no pedal pulse or grooves just pads sometimes touch rotors. wilwood pedals 2 yrs old fair cond. i put a spring on brake pedal but didn help.
thanks

SS Motorsports
01-04-2013, 11:57 AM
DPI racing products Sure Stop II brake recirculator Part# DPI2160

Steve Lach
01-05-2013, 08:56 AM
put a lighter pad compound on the right front .

dirty white boy
01-05-2013, 12:44 PM
trim pad smaller on rf...use ome pad on rf,..use a hawk on lf...

andy16
01-05-2013, 01:33 PM
good info thanks

fast_crew
01-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Run the wilwood adjustable proportioning valve on the RF this will reduce the pressure and not cause the brakes to hold up. You could also put a less aggressive set of pads on the RF, but this maybe inconsistant untill they get up to temp. The sqeualling noise is pretty normal due to the metalic pads and the rotors, they may also have a light rust film from washing the car.