PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old in the with NEW - Three link going into Four link

WDWMotorsports-14
01-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Good afternoon folks, I have just ran my rookie season in a IMCA modified in NY. I ran a three link Harris. I have just recently updated to a newer chassis. I have a 2006 victory. It is a four link floated rear end. My shock and springs are clamped. As of now, i bought it from the guy with a coil-over on the right side mounted in front of the rear with a 225spring. I have a spring mounted on top of the rear on the left side 150 rating with a shock mounted behind the rear. I am honestly just looking for basic four link knowledge. Didn't know if anyone could shoot me towards a certain post on this site. I hope i am not being to much of a newb to this site. Thanks for any help. WDW Motorsports.

dirttrackrocker
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Spring on top of the housing on the LR??? Never seen that on a 4 link.

racin6mod
01-07-2013, 05:23 PM
you sure you didn't get the sides mixed up. I could see the lr being clamped in front with a coil over setup and the spring on the axle tube with the shock behind on the rr. I didn't like that set up on the rr myself the car just felt darty to me.

WDWMotorsports-14
01-08-2013, 06:27 AM
yeah sorry guys, totally messed that one up. Yeah everything is reverse of how i wrote it, sorry

powerslide
01-08-2013, 07:57 AM
what kind of track conditions will you run the majority of the time?

dirttrackrocker
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
I would say thats a pretty good setup for I88. Track is pretty flat and usually gets slick. My only concern is, 150 seems a little light for the RR.