PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get to turn off throttle

ilustfordust
01-10-2013, 06:06 AM
I know this is a generic question without numbers, but with a car that is really fast and wins but if the track is hooked up or ruff it needs to turn better off the throttle on entrance what would you do

hall99
01-10-2013, 08:49 AM
I know this is a generic question without numbers, but with a car that is really fast and wins but if the track is hooked up or ruff it needs to turn better off the throttle on entrance what would you do

More lower bar angle, stiffer LR spring (but could cause a tight spot in throttle).

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Any way you can gain cross weight in an off the throttle situation. Many different approaches to take, each with their own trade offs.

TALON75
01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
If the track is pretty hammer down and the off throttle time is short and aggressive you might want to try more preload or a stiffer 6th coil, if handling is good every where else then you will only affect eoff throttle entry.

jedclampit
01-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Shut off rf brake.(seems obvious quick fix)
lower ph bar at frame/raise on pinion
more angle up to front in rr upper bar & esp. lower bar
more compression dampning/pressure rr shock
more rebound in lr shock
take rebound out of 5th coil shock
increase rr air pressure
anything to keep weight on lr and not have car get on rr as fast/hard will help

and as always less lf spring

YMMV

dualdj1
01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Adjust shocks is the easiest way. More compression/pressure RF

zeke23z
01-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Soften left front spring,no affect on exit

grt74
01-13-2013, 05:02 AM
i agree with zeke,take 100lbs of spring out,she'll turn,it may like more than that

jedclampit
01-13-2013, 01:05 PM
A common problem some encounter is getting tight on entry off throttle due to rapid lr hike down and rapid loss of rear steer.

If it turns on the gas don't lift....LOL!

7uptruckracer
01-15-2013, 09:31 AM
If your running a lot of rear steer It could be set down issues to look at your LR shock settings. You can raise the LF rebound too see if it helps that might indicate a spring change on the LF could help. Depends on how bad you are. Lowering the Jbar on the frame side, More RRL bar Angle, So many areas to look at. Maybe just Tighten Up your Chain Limiter on the LR