PDA

View Full Version : birdcage question

m4racing
01-13-2013, 09:17 AM
are there a right and left side on birdcages. the reason is 2 years ago i had a late model that would'nt get up on the bars and tuck the left rear. so i junked the car. I resent traded for another one and notice that the left side was a 2 piece, that seperated the shocks from the bars.

zeke23z
01-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Yes there is a difference.What chassis are we talkin about?

m4racing
01-14-2013, 08:00 AM
1995 mastersbilt with 2001 updates it was my first latemodel, struggled with it all year no one could figure out why, so i went back to my bomber. but there's something about a latemodel i can't seem to let go of, so now i got a rocket and hope it does better.

C10
01-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I would be very worried about sitting in that old of a car, A good friend of mine had a 2000 chassis sitting around and got tired of moving it around. He took his excavator and thought he would smash the chassis down so he could scrap it easier and the thing popped apart at just about every weld seam like tooth picks. Didnt even bend the halo, just popped it right off. OLD CARS ARE DANGEROUS!! Even if they look good like this one did, they rust from the inside out.

m4racing
01-16-2013, 08:34 PM
I appreciate the insight C10 of old cars, but like I posted at the begining I junked that car. Just trying to figure out if the birbcages was my problem with the masteribilt.