PDA

View Full Version : PAVED PARKING SPOTS RUNNING LOW at SCREVEN FEB 6-9 WINTER FREZE III

HighMaintenance2007
01-15-2013, 08:52 AM
WoO & NLMS :

THERE WERE 43 PARKING SLM SPOTS AVAILABLE ON ASPHALT & THE CHECKS ARE ROLLING IN SO GET INVOLVED TODAY .

POSTMARK DEADLINE IS JAN 31 / NO EXCEPTIONS TO MAKE PIT GATE ELIGIBILITY LIST

MAIL $100 PER SPOT to WINTER FREEZE PARKING P.O. BOX 310 SPRINGFIELD GA 31329

by JAN 31ST / NO EXCEPTIONS / MUST BE ON LIST AT PIT GATE OR YOU WILL PARK ON GRASS

OR IN THE DIRT ZONE

ONLY PAVED PARKING OPTION IS RIGHT OR LEFT AT
AT TOP OF ASPHALT / NO PARKING SHORT of an EMPTY
LANE / NO 'TEAM or BUDDY PARKING / CONVOY IN IN ORDER
to ACHIEVE THAT

OBSERVE ONE-WAY TRAFFIC in PITS at ALL TIMES ( REVERSED FROM 2012) PLUS AN ENHANCED STAGING AREA

ANY VEHICLE WITH A TRAILER & MOTOR HOMES ENTER THROUGH PIT GATE ONLY & UNLOAD OR PARK n DESIGNATED AREA

NO SINGLE VEHICLES ALLOWED IN PITS ( SERIES OFFICIALS CONTACT SPEEDWAY )

ALL PARKING SPOTS IN ALL PITS WILL BE NUMBERED
& YOU WILL BE PARKED IN YOUR DESIGNATED ZONE
by SCREVEN COUNTY SECURITY

ALL SPRINT CAR TEAMS WILL PARK ALONG MUD DRAG FENCE on 45 DEGREE ANGLE
FOR A BETTER PUSH OFF AREA

THERE WILL BE A ' HOT PIT' AREA AS YOU EXIT THE SPEEDWAY & ONE WAY TRAFFIC IN THE
PITS & AN ENHANCED STAGING AREA

BREAKFAST UNTIL 10:30 STARTING @7 AM THURS-SAT MORNINGS
LUNCH STARTS 10:45 / LOOK FOR EXPRESS HOT CHOCOLATE & COFFEE WINDOW

PLEASE PACK TRASH BAGS IN YOUR TRAVEL VEHICLES

THERE MAY BE A SEPERATE MOTOR HOME & CAMPING AREA with a SHUTTLE BUS
THAT IS IN PROCESS /

MANDATORY to WEAR YOUR ARMBAND on YOUR WRISTS at ALL TIMES

www.ScrevenMotorSportsComplex.com should be up any day now

Screven Motor Sports Complex on Facebook

THANK YOU / TRAVEL SAFE

FYI :

( CHASSIS MFGS ARE BUYING SPOTS IN BLOCKS TO CONSULT w THEIR CUSTOMERS) ..

HighMaintenance2007
01-18-2013, 12:14 AM
REDD JUST POSTED A $1,000 BONUS FOR A GM PERF (crate) LM

TO WIN THE NLMS EVENT FRIDAY & SATURDAY = $4,000.00 FRI - $6,000 SAT

$500 TO THE HIGHEST FINISHER EACH NIGHT

HighMaintenance2007
01-20-2013, 11:50 PM
We will have a parking, camping & atv unload area schematic in a week or so .

Reserved pit parking on the pavement deadline for postmarks is Jan 31

The camping is FREE

HighMaintenance2007
01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
DUALIES ONLY BEHIND THE BACKSTRETCH STANDS..

ASPHALT PARKING IS CLOSEST TO CONCESSIONS RESTROOMS

TRACTOR TRAILERS NOT ON THE ASPHALT WILL BE ON THE GRASS ON A 45 ANGLE

(ENTER GATE, & BEAR LEFT TO GRASSY AREA BESIDE DRAGSTRIP)

WE WILL USE THE RETURN ROAD of the DRAGSTRIP TO GET TO A WIDENED STAGING AREA

( DOWN & UNDER THE KART TRACK )

POSTMARK DEADLINE JAN 31

samblake
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Glad to know a good place to park, thanks for sharing.

HighMaintenance2007
01-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Redd closed on 35 M O R E acres today beside the rack.

The bush hog & mowers start in the am for more F R E E camper parking.

HighMaintenance2007
01-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Postmark deadline is jan 31...this week !

Thks

HighMaintenance2007
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
DEADLINE IS TONIGHT
Screven Motor Speedway Drops NLMS Sanctioning of Late Models for Winter Freeze III

Sylvania, Georgia – Screven Motor Speedway owner and promoter James “Redd” Griffin announced today that Friday and Saturday night’s late model events that were set to be sanctioned by the National Late Model Series will now be unsanctioned events but will carry the same purse as advertised. Griffin explained that the decision was made after receiving multiple phone calls from racers who were planning to attend the event. “Some of the racers expressed concern to me about the entry fees that the NLMS were planning to charge. I contacted the NLMS after I couldn’t find the entry fees on their website. I was told that they would be charging $150 on Friday night for the $3000 to win event and $200 for the Saturday night $5000 to win race. I felt that was just too much to ask these racers to pay to race for those amounts of money. The World of Outlaws isn’t charging that much and they are racing for more than twice the money. I just can’t do that to these racers.” Griffin commented.

So the events will now be run under the guise of the Screven Late Model rules which are nearly identical to NLMS rules except for the tire rule. The Screven Late Model tire rule allows for open brand and compounds of tires. “We have been getting 20 to 24 cars on our weekly program here. The rules allow for the GM crate engines to be very competitive in fact our last weekly event a couple of weeks ago was won by Gib Gibbons with a 604 crate engine. It’s sad that this had to be done because I wanted to try and help the series get back going. But I am for these racers and fans first. I can’t let a big entry fee make them stay at home. We need them to be here putting on a show. Those kind of entry fees would keep cars from coming and I just can’t have that.” Griffin, the 2011 ARPY Southeast Promoter of the Year added.

The Screven Late Model rules allow Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines, NLMS Engines (must have stamped NLMS heads) and all-steel engines (22 degree heads only). The tire rule is open brand and compound but absolutely no chemical alteration or treatments (lab samples will be taken). All cars are allowed a 12” MAXIMUM spoiler with standard SAS / ULTIMATE side blades. Cars utilizing crate engines must weigh 2200 lbs., NLMS engines must weigh 2300 lbs., and all-steel must weigh 2400 lbs. at qualifying. 1 lb. per lap burn-off for post-race weights. Carburetors are OPEN. RaceCeivers are MANDATORY! Kelley Carlton and his KELCAR Motorsports Management crew will handle tech and officiating duties for the event.

Friday night’s $3000 to win show will carry a $75 entry fee with Saturday’s $5000 to win show carrying a $100 entry fee. There is a $1000 bonus available each night to any driver that can win with the Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine. If the winner bonus isn’t collected there will be a $500 bouns to the highest finishing driver utilizing the Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine. That makes it $4000 possible to win on Friday and $6000 possible to win on Saturday.

Griffin closed by saying “I hope all the drivers, crews and fans will understand and see that Screven is for the racers and race fans. And we hope that they will all come out and join us for the Winter Freeze. I thank them all for the support they have given me here at Screven.”

-REDD

Find us on Facebook at Screven Motor Sports Complex or go and check out our new website at www.screvenmotorsportscomplex.com The site is up and being added to daily.
--

Kelley Carlton, BS NR CCEMT-P FP-C
www.kelcarmotorsports.com
KELCAR Motorsports Media & Management
CEO / President

HighMaintenance2007
02-01-2013, 07:42 PM
ScrevenMotorSportsComplexPR@gmail.com

HighMaintenance2007
02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
PARKING ON ASPHALT RUNNING LOW MAIL-IN DEADLINE IS OVER NOW $150 EACH

CLOSEST to the TRACK- FOOD & RESTROOMS....DEADLINE IS OVER

EMAIL ScrevenMotorSportsComplexPR@gmail.com YOUR INTENTIONS

THE ONLY OPTION IS RIGHT OR LEFT AT AT TOP OF ASPHALT NO PARKING SHORT of an EMPTY LANE NO 'TEAM or BUDDY PARKING CONVOY IN IN ORDER to ACHIEVE THAT
OBSERVE ONE-WAY TRAFFIC in PITS at ALL TIMES

UN-reserved....DUALIES ONLY ...
hard right through gate & park to left of HOTT PIT REA just behind backstretch & the block beside of the scale house

UN-reserved parking...TRACTOR TRAILERS :
in thru gate and fade left on an angle to the grass beside the drag strip

ALL LM use drag strip return road down under the kart track to go to staging.

ASPHALT PARKING :

ONLY OPTION IS RIGHT OR LEFT AT AT TOP OF ASPHALT NO PARKING SHORT of an EMPTY LANE / NO 'TEAM or BUDDY PARKING / CONVOY IN IN ORDER
to ACHIEVE THAT

OBSERVE ONE-WAY TRAFFIC IN PITS AT ALL TIMES

BREAKFAST UNTIL 10:30 STARTING @ 7 AM THURS-SAT MORNINGS

LUNCH STARTS 10:45 / PLEASE PACK TRASH BAGS IN YOUR TRAVEL VEHICLES

THERE WILL BE A SEPERATE MOTOR HOME & CAMPING AREA with A SHUTTLE BUS

MANDATORY to WEAR YOUR ARMBAND on YOUR WRISTS at ALL TIMES

THANK YOU............

HighMaintenance2007
02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
We possibly MAY have 1 or two left Thursday .

$100 at gate

The asphalt beats 4 days in the grass & dirt , rugs or no rugs

& CRATE ENGINE CARS..

$3,000 FRIDAY $5,000 SATURDAY

$1,00 BOUNUS FOR A 604 TO WIN EITHER NIGHT

Campers starting arriving Sunday , frist SLM from MICHIGAN last night...

73 degree this Saturday ...

an 80 DEGREE SWING U P FROM LAST YEAR!