PDA

View Full Version : Solid Pull Bar - 3 Link Mod

dluna11w
01-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Looking for thoughts on solid pullbar length on a 3 link modified with 602 crate on a fast 1/4 mile track. I started last season with the long bar that mounts to the driveshaft hoop (34" tube length plus joints). I switched to the short pullbar with more angle because I felt that with a limited motor setup, it would be benefitial to get as much instant initial bite as soon as possible in the corner.

Chassis builder told me I needed to run the long bar, which would then allow me to run softer front springs as well. I asked "WHY" and it was mainly because that is what everyone else is doing.

I am looking for some solid reasoning of which one would be better for my situation. There is a rule that states the bar must be centered over the driveshaft with a maximum of 1" to the left or right.

xxxmod
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Looking for thoughts on solid pullbar length on a 3 link modified with 602 crate on a fast 1/4 mile track. I started last season with the long bar that mounts to the driveshaft hoop (34" tube length plus joints). I switched to the short pullbar with more angle because I felt that with a limited motor setup, it would be benefitial to get as much instant initial bite as soon as possible in the corner.

Chassis builder told me I needed to run the long bar, which would then allow me to run softer front springs as well. I asked "WHY" and it was mainly because that is what everyone else is doing.

I am looking for some solid reasoning of which one would be better for my situation. There is a rule that states the bar must be centered over the driveshaft with a maximum of 1" to the left or right.

Keep in mind that the pullbar isnt going to pull unless the tires are hooked up so tire prep and wheel weight is
the most important thing for traction.I have not noticed a huge difference from the long bar
to the short bar...but angle and height from the center of the rearend make a noticeable difference
for me.