PDA

View Full Version : Best Brand of Coils? Eibach vs. Afco?

72Dubya
01-17-2013, 05:40 PM
What do you all think the best coil on the market is? I'm deciding between Afco and Eibach to buy, but I am open to suggestions. Would like to get some info on BSB coils as well if anyone has any.

istock11m
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
My preference would be integra, eibach, then afco. I always ran afco until the last couple of years. Had a few problems with them. Don't know about the bsb ones but there are alot of mods running them around here. Like I said just my preference, others will have different opinions.

istock11m
01-17-2013, 08:40 PM
I just have the cheap speedway rater. So I can't say they are dead on with advertised rate but they stay consistent. I just check them when new and keep track of them though the season. I started running some eibachs last year and are happy with them. Your dead on with the afcos. I think speedy Bill started repainting the terrible purple springs yellow!

72Dubya
01-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Have you rated the integras are they close?

I have a rater and switched to eibach in 09 and they were dead on back then, now not so much....

Afco seem to be all over the place, I wouldnt ever run a afco front again.

Bsb last time I looked only built 5" fronts.

In their 2013 catalog, BSB has the 5" diameter, 13" length rear coils in ratings that I use in my street stock. I have heard a a lot of good things about BSB in UMP and IMCA mods and also in hobby stocks over in IMCA land, but I don't know if I want to drop $75 per coil.

Racer96m
01-18-2013, 01:41 AM
Integra is a good spring, we raced on Eibach's very consistant spring and i will stay with them. AFCO: American Fabricating Company sold out years ago and is now all made in China. I wouldnt spring my riding lawn mower with them. The only thing worse is a Speedway True Coil, LOL total junk!

Dave

MM90
01-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Always ran Afco springs, but switched to Eibach. The quality seems to be better with them and they are lighter weight than the same Afco spring.

istock11m
01-18-2013, 06:21 PM
In their 2013 catalog, BSB has the 5" diameter, 13" length rear coils in ratings that I use in my street stock. I have heard a a lot of good things about BSB in UMP and IMCA mods and also in hobby stocks over in IMCA land, but I don't know if I want to drop $75 per coil.

They don't make a 5 1/2 for the front. The rears will work.

B r a n d o n
01-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Hypercoils!

HRE
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Landrum springs don't seem go away as quick as the others do.