PDA

View Full Version : Helmet preference

JimmyV83
01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Was wanting to know what helmet y'all have or prefer. I have a g-force and a pyrotect. Both very comfortable but their both cracked so need a new more durable helmet. Any help will be appreciated.

spray004
01-18-2013, 10:37 AM
I have a Racequip helmet that I've been very pleased with. It's pretty lightweight as well.

JimmyV83
01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I have a pyrotect which I really like and would get another but don't want to chance getting another and it cracking like the first.

hot_rod
01-18-2013, 11:32 AM
I have an Impact Wizard that is SA2005 certifited. It is pretty close to 3 years old now. I have been extremely pleased with it. It is not the lightest or the cheapest, but it is definetly not real expensive. I think that I gave about 290 for it. I have put it through on two seperate occasions flipping the car, and one T-Bone the concrete wall at full throttle. Not a single issue with the helmet. The only negative thing is that for a Necksgen Neck Restraint, you can not mount the hardware exactly where they say to. You will drill into the chin strap. I was able to get the Necksgen hardware mounted within the specs and will use it this upcoming year, and hopefully more years to come.

JimmyV83
01-18-2013, 12:02 PM
I've been thinking about a impact charger. I've tried on both a simpson and a bell and didn't really care for either. Never tried on an impact. Thanks for y'all's responses.