PDA

View Full Version : Base Valve Bilsteins

washeduptoo
01-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Anyone have any information on the base valve bilsteins? I think they just came out and a few ran them at Vegas IMCA race. Are they that much better then the custom bilstein for the price? Thanks

B r a n d o n
01-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Anyone have any information on the base valve bilsteins? I think they just came out and a few ran them at Vegas IMCA race. Are they that much better then the custom bilstein for the price? Thanks

Amazing shock, Lots of money. Can get similar performance from The SNS series minus the base valve.

washeduptoo
01-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the information and your correct about the cost, that is why I wonder, is the difference worth the cost. Thanks again.

mod88s
01-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Whats the base valve all about? Whats the difference from the regular bilsteins?

B r a n d o n
01-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Whats the base valve all about? Whats the difference from the regular bilsteins?

The base valve allows the shock to respond better in low speed conditions. It increases grip in the slick. Allowing you to run lower gas pressure.

ALF401
01-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Is this the same as what Pro Gas Shocks are advertizing? They say you can run their shocks with low gas pressures.

B r a n d o n
01-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Is this the same as what Pro Gas Shocks are advertizing? They say you can run their shocks with low gas pressures.

I don't have a lot of experience with those shocks. The ones I dyno tested were aluminum. They're a nice shock for a crate late model. You can adjust to low gas pressure in anything that you have a schrader valve in. You just got to have the correct rebound and compression.

I wish they would make a steel shock in that series.

ALF401
01-21-2013, 08:10 PM
They make a steel threaded gas shock. I bought a car and it has a set on it. They also have a smooth body steel gas shock. No one seems to have much info or feedback on them, what comments I have heard has been very positive.

B r a n d o n
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
An outdated website will do that.
The only PRO shocks I have experience with are:
Pro T/A"Steel", PGA"Aluminum Smooth", PGAC"Aluminum Threaded", PGACR"Aluminum Canister".