PDA

View Full Version : s?

JJRT
01-20-2013, 10:07 AM
I have a parasitic draw on the battery. The only fuse that makes a difference when pulled is number 29 under the hood listed as Radio Bat (10 amp). When I pull that fuse the draw is gone, car will start but radio heater and a bunch of other things won't work without it. I pulled the dash unhooked the STOCK radio no wires cut or bare that I can see. I unhooked the heater controls and what not but draw is still there. Hell I even unhooked the alternator just in case. Any ideas??

stockcar5
01-20-2013, 10:44 AM
dont know what kind of vehicle you have but alot of cars have a radio AND a separate amp. i've seen a number of amps cause a draw.

JJRT
01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
its a 1998 pontiac grand prix, no amp, if the fuse that runs the radio and heater etc are pulled , no draw

grt74
01-20-2013, 04:23 PM
disconnect the positive batt cable,use a test light,hook it to the positive post and then touch the cable there should be a glow,disconnect electonics until the light goes dim or out,youll see a big difference in the light but it still may have just a little draw with todays cars so the light may not go out completely,it will take a friends help but works everytime